Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I purchase Japanese used cars from JapaneseVehicles.com?
- There are five steps to purchase a used vehicle from JapaneseVehicles.com:
1. Select your vehicle.
2. Order a free quotation.
3. Complete the payment
4. You vehicle is shipped
5. Receive your vehicle and drive away!
- How do I choose a vehicle?
- It is simple and easy! From our web page you can search your vehicle by Type or by Make. You can also search by price or year of vehicle to find the right car for your needs.
- How can I print out a stock list?
You can download our updated stock lists from our downloads page and print them out if you wish.
Click here to go to the downloads page
- Can I request for a vehicle that is not on the list?
Yes, there are 2 ways to request a vehicle you would like to purchase, if it's not available in our stock
1. Use the special request, from your member's page (you need to be a member for this).
2. Contact directly to our sales staff.
- How can I get more information about the condition of the car I am interested in?
- If you have a specific question about a vehicle, you may contact our sales team. Please have the stock number (S/N) ready for reference.
- How do I know if the vehicle is suitable for my Country?
Our Sales Team will inform you if the vehicle is not suitable for your Country.
You can also see important indications about your Country regulations in the quotation page when you select your Country / Port. However please check with your local authorities before importing, as it is not possible for us to track all local regulations, since they are constantly changing. It is the responsibility of the Importer to confirm the Import Regulations of the final destination Country.
- What does the price on the website include?
- Our website shows vehicle price (FOB) for all our stock. This is the price of vehicle and relative documentation. It does not include shipping, insurance and other costs.
- How can I find out the total price I have to pay?
To easily check the total price for a vehicle, enter the vehicle page and then click the button "Check the total price".
Select the final destination and the options you want to see on the total price of the vehicle on the right side of the page
In some special cases the shipping cost cannot be calclulated automatically. Please finalize the order and we will email you a free invoice with the total quotation within one business day.
- How can I get a pro-forma invoice with free quotation?
You can quickly apply for a free pro-forma invoice directly from our website. Open the details page of the vehicle you want, then click "Check the total price". Follow the instructions in the next few pages and we will email you a FREE pro-forma invoice within one hours time.
Alternatively, download and print the Order Form, complete it and fax or email it to us (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will email or fax your free pro-forma invoice within one business day. Click here to download an order form.
- When do I receive my invoice?
- When applying for a free invoice online, we will email you the invoice within one hours time. For orders made by email or fax we will give you the invoice within one business day.
- What does the price on the invoice include?
Price of the invoice in CIF terms includes:
1. Vehicle price (including documentation costs).
2. Shipping and insurance.
4. Compulsory inspections (if requested by your Country).
5. Options you requested.
Price of the invoice in FOB terms includes:
1. Vehicle (including documentation costs).
2. Vanning (when shipment by container).
Please note that the price does not include Clearing costs and Taxes once the vehicle reaches the final destination (unless otherwise indicated)
- What does "CIF" mean?
- CIF is one of the most common international trade terms. It stands for Cost Insurance and Freight. This includes vehicle cost, insurance and shipping cost to port of destination. Responsibility for the vehicle passes to the final owner once the vehicle is loaded on the vessel.
- What does "FOB" mean?
- FOB stands for Free On Board. It is the cost of the vehicle plus documentation. It does not include freight, insurance, or any other charges.
- What kind of warranty do you provide?
You can choose between Standard Warranty (US$50) and Silver Warranty (US$150).
The Standard Warranty covers only the complete loss of vehicle during shipping.
We recommend the Silver Warranty, this also covers for damages and thefts (excepts original audio/accessories) until the pick up point at your destination port.
Click here for more details on our warranty types and terms.
- What is JAAI inspection??
- The JAAI inspection is a paid certification of the quality of the vehicle approved by the JAAI. (Japan Auto Appraisal Institute). In some Countries the Government requires JAAI inspections for imported used vehicles. Without JAAI inspection, you will be required to pay a penalty.
- What is JEVIC inspection?
- The JEVIC inspection is a paid certification of the quality of the vehicle approved by the JEVIC (Japan Export Vehicle Inspection Center). In some Countries the Government requires JEVIC inspection for imported used vehicles. Without JEVIC inspection, you will be required to pay a penalty.
- What is RWI inspection?
- The RWI (Road Worthiness Inspection) is a paid certification of the quality of the vehicle. In some Countries the Government requires RWI inspection for imported used vehicles. Without RWI inspection, you will be required to pay a penalty.
- What does "Consignee" mean?
- The consignee is the person entitled to receive delivery of the goods. The name is listed on the Bill of Lading and all the documents relative to the vehicle we provide.
- What does "Courier Address" mean?
- Courier address is where we will send your shipping documents.
- What is "RO-RO Shipment"?
- Shipment by Ro-Ro (Roll on-Roll off) refers to shipment done with vessels where the vehicles are loaded and unloaded by driving them into and out of the ship. All vehicles are secured in their respective bays and are isolated from the elements during the sea passage. Such shipmenst are usually speedier and cheaper than container shipments. Ro-Ro shipments are not available for every destination.
- What is "Container Shipment"?
During container shipment, vehicles are loaded and fixed in a container (a big metal box of standard size). Shipment by container is very safe and covers almost all ocean ports in the world. It is usually more expensive and slower than Ro-Ro- shipments.
As default, we provide quotations for shipments in 20 foot long containers. 40 foot containers are also available on request and might be convenient for purchases of multiple vehicles.
- What is "Vanning"?
- "Vanning" is the process of professionally loading and securing in place, vehicles inside a container to avoid damages in case of rough weather conditions during the transportation on the vessel.
- What does "Final Destination" mean?
- "Final Destination" defines the Country where you will register your vehicle.
- What method of payment do you accept?
- We accept payments via Telegraphic Transfer and PayPal. For more detailed information, please see our "Payment Method" page.
- What are the terms of payment?
- All orders must be paid in full before we can start the shipping procedure. We will start the shipping arrangement process once our bank confirms that full payment has been received.
- What currencies do you accept?
The payment should be remitted in US Dollars, as indicated in our invoices.
If you need to pay in another currency (Japanese Yen / Euro / UK Pound ) please contact us after receiving your invoice and before completing the payment.
- Where can I find your bank account details?
- Our bank account details can be found on the "Payment Method" page. Click here to go to our bank details.
- Do you accept payments in installments?
We can accept payments in installments. We request the confirmed final balance within three weeks from the first payment of the vehicle price.
If you wish to pay in installments, please contact us before beginning the payment.
- How will I know when my payment has been deposited into your account?
It is very important that you provide us proof of payment to secure your order. Once the payment has been made, please send us a confirmation of payment together with the pro forma invoice number or your given customer number by Email or Fax: +81-52-219-9025.
Once your payment is confirmed in our account, our sales staff will notify you via email.
- How much time will it take for my payment to reach Japan?
After you complete the payment it usually takes between 1 to 7 days for the funds to reflect in our account. We continuously check our account and we will write to you a confirmation email as soon as the funds are here.
Please always indicate your invoice number when you complete a payment, to avoid problems in identifying it when it reaches us.
- To which Countries do you export your vehicles?
- We export to any Country that allows importation of used vehicles from Japan.
- Why do you need my physical address?
The physical address is a requirement that has been set out by the shipping Companies and Courier Companies that will be involved in the delivery process.
Any discrepancies involved with consignee details can add to delays. So it is best to ensure the correct consignee details are listed.
We do understand many Nations do not have a physical address. If there is no physical address where you live, please include your street or building name and provide the nearest Village or Town name together with the P.O. Box address.
- When will I receive my vehicle?
After we receive your payment we will immediately begin booking, and the shipping procedure.
It takes an average of two weeks to book the vessel, then approximately between two and six weeks for the vessel to arrive at your destination port.
Booking and sailing times varies greatly according to destination and shipping company. We are not able to guarantee them in any case.
Please contact us before completing a purchase if you have special needs concerning the delivery of the vehicle.
- When will I know the date my vehicle will sail?
After the shipping companies confirm the booking of the vessel for your vehicle, our shipping department will email you the estimated time of departure (ETD) and estimated time of arrival (ETA).
The waiting time for the booking is an average of 2 weeks.
Once you have been informed of the estimated shipping date, you should contact your local clearing or shipping agent to confirm the final arrival date and arrange collection of your vehicle.
- Which documents will I receive?
- We will send the B/L (Bill of Lading), Commercial Invoice, and other necessary documents specific for your Country to your consignee address or indicated clearing agent.
- When will I receive my shipping documents?
- We will send you the shipping documents via express courier (DHL etc) a few days after the vessel with your vehicle leaves Japan. Delivery takes usually seven days time.
- Can I track my documents once they have been dispatched?
- Yes you can track your documents. We usually use DHL for sending documents. They provide a tracking number on each package. You can use this number to track the package on the DHL tracking system.
- What is the customs clearance process?
Once the vehicle arrives at the port, it will be your responsibility to perform customs clearance. If you are not in a position to clear the vehicle personally, you can hire a local agent to perform customs clearance. Please contact your local clearing agent for the necessary steps to be followed well in advanced of the arrival of the car.
For the vehicles with Durban as the destination port, the use of a clearing agent is compulsory. Please tell us your preferred clearing agent. If you do not know the agent, please contact us, and we will introduce our preferred agents.
- What will I have to pay once I receive the vehicle?
Upon reception of the vehicle you will have to pay port clearing costs, import duties and taxes and any additional fee requested by your Country or by the port of destination.
Please verify with local authorities or a good clearing agent for more details.
- How do you grade the vehicles?
- During the quality control our inspectors verify the vehicle conditions. Unless otherwise indicated mechanical problems are fixed prior to sale. The grade is decided after the count of all scratches, dents and defects of the vehicle.
- Do you tamper with the mileage of the vehicle?
- We do not tamper with the mileage in the vehicle for any case and for any reason. The mileage of some vehicles are sometimes extremely low, but this is possible in Japanese Cities where people rely mainly of means of public transportation.
- Do I need to pay for the stereo?
- If you need a guaranteed stereo that works in your Country we recommend to purchase one of our stereo options.
- What is "Stereo Upgrade"?
- Stereo upgrade includes checking the original car audio of the vehicle and install a Band Expander to match the FM frequency in your area. Please consider that the the receiving frequency is 14 MHz higher than what the stereo will display.
- What is "Maintenance package"?
When you choose "Maintenance Package" we will perform the following maintenance on the vehicle:
-Installation of new oil filter;
-Installation of new air filter;
-Change of engine oil with new one.
- What is "New tyres installation"?
When you choose "New tyres installation", we will change the used tyres installed in the vehicle with brand new ones.
Due to regulations of the shipping companies, we cannot send the old tyres together with the vehicle.
- What is "Pre-Shipment Inspection Certificate (PSIC)"?
Trust Company's Pre-Shipment Inspection is a thorough and detailed checking of your vehicle.
You get an official certificate with all points checked and commented on. Points of checking are: engine, oil, water, drive shafts, transmission, exterior panels, windows, paintwork, tires, interior, and other areas.
- Will the vehicle come with a stereo if I don't choose any stereo option?
If you don't choose any stereo option we will send the vehicle with stereo as is.
If any stereo was already installed, we will leave it but we will not check or guarantee its functionality.
In any case, the original system will be in Japanese and the radio will not work in your Country because of the different frequency settings in Japan.
- The year of the vehicle is the year of first registration of the vehicle in Japan. This is the legal year of the vehicle in Japan and appears on all the documents of the vehicle itself. In Japan the year of production of the vehicle is not disclosed and can sometimes differ from the year of first registration of the vehicle.
- Seatbelt year is the year of production of the seatbelts. This has no legal meaning in Japan but might be used to determine the age of the vehicle by authorities of some countries.
- How many keys are provided with the vehicle?
- Every vehicle is provided with at least one key. When spare keys are available, we will send them together with the vehicle.
- Does the vehicle come with an English manual?
The vehicles are Japanese domestic models and are not equipped with an English owners manual. It is possible to obtain a translation on the internet.
JPNZ International provides high quality user manual in English for most Japanese vehicles.
- Why are there so few Diesel engine vehicles?
The majority of vehicles produced in Japan have petrol engines. As a result, Diesel automobiles are rarer and tend to be more expensive.
Click here to see all available diesel engine vehicles.
- Why are there so few Left Hand Drive vehicles?
Japan is a Right Hand Drive Country so the Japanese do not produce LH drive Japanese vehicles for (their domestic market) Japan.
We sometimes have Left Hand Drive vehicles from Europe and/or America in stock.
Click here to see all available Left Hand Drive vehicles.
- Why are there so few Manual Transmission vehicles?
The majority of vehicles produced in Japan have an automatic transmission. As a result, manual transmission automobiles are rarer and tend to be more expensive.
Cleick here to see all available vehicles with Manual Transmission.
- Will the GPS navigation system installed in the vehicle work in my Country?
- No, the GPS navigation system installed in the vehicles from Japan works only in Japan. It is not possible to update its maps for different Countries.
What is the year of the vehicle?
What is "seatbelts year"?
- Do I have to become a member?
No, membership is not required to view our stock lists and prices. However, we strongly recommend you become a member for the following advantages:
1. Easy and Fast Order! - You only input your details once.
2. Easy tracking! - Keep track of shipping status of your purchased vehicle.
3. On-Line special request! - You can make special requests on line.
- Why should I become a member of your site?
We always update our site to make your shopping experience easier and more enjoyable. Registering as member to JapaneseVehicle.com will put the power in your hands, enabling you to find out the information you are searching for without having to send an email or call us.
1. It is 100% free!
2. Easy and Fast Order! - You only input your details once.
3. Easy tracking! - Keep track of shipping status of your purchased vehicle.
4. On-Line special request! - You can make special requests on line.
- How do I sign up as a member?
There are two ways to sign up as a member .
1. From ""Sign In"" on the left top corner of Top page.
2. When you go through the ordering process, you will be asked for a membership registration.
Once you have signed up, your user ID and password will be sent immediately to your registered email address.
- How do I receive my ID and password?
- Your user ID and password will be sent to you immediately by automated e-mail after you submit your registration. Please enter your correct email address so that your user ID and password are received in order.
- What happens if I forgot my User ID or Password?
- To recover your User ID or create a new Password please go to the "User ID / Password recovery" page.
- What happens if I don't have an email address?
- You don't need an email address to view our stock lists and prices. An email address is however necessary if you want to order a vehicle.
- I would like to receive your newsletter, how can I subscribe?
There are two ways to subscribe to our newsletter:
1. Input your email address in the form placed near the bottom of our home page.
2. Register as member of JapaneseVehicles.com and subscribe to our newsletter.
- I don't want to receive newsletters anymore. How can I unsubscribe?
To unsubscribe from the newsletter please click here and input the email address you want to cancel in the form.
Click here to go to the unsubscribe page.
- Can you source spare parts?
Yes, we can source spare parts for you. You can request a quotation using our spare parts request online form or contact our spare parts department directly.
Click here to access our spare part service page.
- Can you supply parts for Japanese cars for overseas market and not imported directly from Japan?
Overseas model parts are not available in Japan. Parts for overseas models are sold in the country where the new vehicle was sold.
In the cases the parts number is available we might be able to find compatible parts in Japan.
- Could you send us the pictures of the parts to make sure the parts quoted are the ones I need?
We are sorry but we cannot take pictures of the parts because we source them from our suppliers only after you complete your order.
We do our best to get the correct parts by getting details and diagrams to double check the items we are selling.
- Can I pay with my credit card ?
Yes, we do accept credit card payments for orders of spare parts.
If you want to pay by credit card please contact our spare parts team and follow their instructions.
- How long does it take to deliver the parts to my address?
Delivery of parts by air courier normally takes from 5 days to 1 week.
The delivery to ocean freight to the destination port takes around one month, one month and a half.
- Can you ship the parts inside the car I am buying?
- No, we cannot ship the parts inside a vehicle unless the vehicle is shipped by container method and in your name.
- Can you send the parts by sea-mail or air-mail?
- Yes, we can send parts by air-mail or sea-mail. This is not recommendable because these methods are not traceable and cannot be insured.
- Why is air freight so expensive?
Air freight seems expensive especially but it is fast, safe and traceable.
Our courier freight rates are far more reasonable than regular rates for we are granted very favourable terms for bulk orders.
- Can I return the part if it is a wrong one?
- Wrong parts provided based on erroneous informaton are not returnable.
- Is there any warranty on new parts?
Parts sold in Japan are warrantied for domestic use only so we cannot offer any warranty on them.
To avoid any inconvenience, we check all the parts before we pack to make sure you get the right quality parts.